Message to Parents
When you are involved, your child achieves more! Research shows that regardless of the economic, ethnic, or cultural background of the family, when parents/guardians are involved in their children's education, students have:
- Higher grades, test scores, and graduation rates
- Better school attendance
- Increased motivation
- Better self-esteem
- Lower rates of suspension
- Decreased use of drugs and alcohol
- Fewer instances of violent behavior
- Greater enrollment rates in post-secondary education
Here are several things that you can do to monitor your son/daughter's progress:
- Expect your son/daughter to have homework.
- Check your son/daughter's attendance by calling:
Mrs. McNeely x4545 (A-L)
Mrs. Elliot x4112 (M-Z)
- Check your son/daughter's grades on the Millikan School Loop. You will need to know your son/daughter's Millikan ID number and have an e-mail account in order to register with School Loop. You can register at http://www.lbmillikan.schoolloop.com.
- If you do not have Internet access, your son/daughter can obtain grade printouts from his/her teachers.
- Participate in Back-to-School, Open House Parent Nights.
- Stay in contact with your son/daughter's teachers and counselor.
- Check for the next progress report.
Helpful resources for parents: