MILLIKAN HIGH SCHOOL UNIFORM DRESS CODE: 2016-2017
The Long Beach Unified School District requires all students who choose to attend Millikan High School to wear a uniform. All student attire including footwear must adhere to LBUSD standards. Students must agree, in writing, to conform to the standards described below.
School IDs must be carried at all times while on campus and available to view on request.
- All visible clothing must be adhere to Millikan’s Uniform Dress Code Policy.
- Clothing must be size appropriate (baggy clothing is not permitted).
- Non-Millikan logos on shirts, outerwear, bottoms, and head gear should be smaller than 2 inches in size.
Bottoms (Pants, Shorts, or Skirts) must be SOLID navy blue or SOLID khaki. NO JEANS.
- Shorts and skirts must be longer than the reach of the student’s thumb.
- Seamless leggings, tights, and stockings must be SOLID navy blue or SOLID white and only worn under appropriate bottoms.
Shirts (polo or button up) must be COLLARED and SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, or SOLID white in color.
- Approved Millikan T-shirts are available for purchase and may be worn in place of a collared shirt.
- Plain T-shirts are not permitted at any time.
- Bare midriffs are not permitted at any time.
- Undergarments including tank tops may not be visible.
Dresses Must have SLEEVES and are acceptable if they are SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, SOLID white, or SOLID khaki in color.
- Tank style dresses are NOT permitted.
Outerwear (Sweatshirts, sweaters, coats, or jackets) must be SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, SOLID white, or SOLID khaki in color.
- Approved Millikan sweatshirts are available for purchase and are recommended.
- If outerwear is worn underneath an approved Millikan uniform shirt, it must be SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, SOLID white, or SOLID khaki in color.
- Hoods may not be worn while inside classrooms.
Head Gear (hats and beanies) must be SOLID navy blue, SOLID gold, SOLID white, or SOLID khaki. Approved Millikan hats are allowed.
- Tears, holes, patches, slits in the seams, and ragged hems in clothes and shoes are not permitted.
- Chains, badges, patches, spiked accessories, and initialed belt buckles are not permitted.
- Gang-related writing on body, backpacks, shoes, or clothing is not permitted.
- Wave caps, bandanas, hairnets, and combs in the hair are not permitted